Suggestions for 50th wedding anniv.

Reaction score
My parents will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniv this February. For the dessert, (about 50 to 60 people)
I know I will do a small wedding cake for them to cut, but for the masses...... any suggestions? cupcakes? sheet cake? a few different styles of desserts?

Reaction score
What if you were to do a small tiered cake to for them to cut and that cake could be the top of a cupcake tower.This way you don't have huge cake to bake , and the cupcake tower would still provide you with a show piece.You also would not have to worry about serving individual slices of cake.

Reaction score
yes, that would be nice NThomas. My husband can design the stand for me, and we could try to work on that project together. Gold is easy to decorate with (color of 50th anniv.)

Reaction score
I like the cupcake idea too, it would look so pretty! What flavour(s) will you be doing? Are you doing a traditional fruit cake for the main one?

Reaction score
Hi Becky, no fruitcake, my Mom wants traditional white cake, white frosting at least for the small cake. The cupcakes can be any flavor, or any other types of desserts we decide on. I am leaning towards half cupcakes, and half dessert of some sort, that is small like a cupcake size, and layer them on the stand.... Got more thinking to do! Chocolate, white and lemon might be safe flavors.

Reaction score
Based on the cup cakes idea and the small white cake, I found some ideas that could be inspirational for the 50th anniversary project that you are preparing for your parents :)

Look,

White%20Wedding%20Cupcake%20Tower.jpg

cupcake-tower-4.jpg

3665758815_05c90c9e90.jpg
images

Reaction score
Mydidgitalpoints first photo above is so inspirational and classic. Love it. Add the mirror and it so seems to fit the theme of such a special anniversary. I think it is stunning looking.

Reaction score
I love that mirror look on the first photo too ! Thank you so much for taking the time to search, those are just beautiful ideas! My SIL is right now getting quotes to restaurants or banquet halls, and checking to see if we can bring in the cake. I am sure they will. LOVE that first one.

Reaction score
Updated on the planning: My parents are not wanting a large party. Just kids and grandkids. So that changes everything. We will have a mass and renewal of the vows at the house, then restaurant for lunch, and then back to the house for cake and toast and a slide show of past photos.... just hanging out. SO, this means a small one tiered anniv cake instead of that beautiful stand/display idea - 20 people is all

Back to the drawing board of finding a one tiered cake!

Reaction score
You could still do cupcakes - just put them on a smaller stand - or have the specifically requested a cake?

Reaction score
You could still do cupcakes - just put them on a smaller stand - or have the specifically requested a cake?

OMG! I cannot keep up with my family on this party. Now they want a larger party. I feel like a yo yo!!!!

A small cake for them to cut, and then cupcakes for the rest, whether it is large or small I guess at this point, LOL

Ask a Question