What is your favorite holiday and why?

Reaction score
When I was younger my favorite holiday was definitely Christmas, what child doesn't love Christmas? As I have gotten older, and Santa stopped bringing me piles of toys every year, I switched over to Halloween. I LOVE Halloween! I love helping the kids put together costumes, taking them out trick-or-treating, making treats, and carving pumpkins. I live in upstate NY and it is GORGEOUS during Autumn.

Yeah, Halloween is awesome. I have a Pinterest board devoted to Halloween because I love the spooky Victorian aesthetic and I love decorating for Halloween. The best part is all the candy.

Reaction score
Yeah, Halloween is awesome. I have a Pinterest board devoted to Halloween because I love the spooky Victorian aesthetic and I love decorating for Halloween. The best part is all the candy.

So do I! Honestly, I think everyone with a Pinterest account has a Halloween board. There are so many great crafts and foods and decorations that go along with the holiday. I know what you mean by older Victorian Halloweens, one year we spent Halloween in Salem, Massachusetts, and it was AMAZING. The town is super creepy to begin with since it is the site of the Salem Witch Trials, but during Halloween they decorate all their old creepy buildings, and do historical reenactments.

Reaction score
So do I! Honestly, I think everyone with a Pinterest account has a Halloween board. There are so many great crafts and foods and decorations that go along with the holiday. I know what you mean by older Victorian Halloweens, one year we spent Halloween in Salem, Massachusetts, and it was AMAZING. The town is super creepy to begin with since it is the site of the Salem Witch Trials, but during Halloween they decorate all their old creepy buildings, and do historical reenactments.

That sounds like an awesome trip. It must have been cool to spend Halloween in such a spooky location.
Yeah, I'm not into the orange pumpkin Halloween, my Pinterest board is mostly elegant Halloween stuff like chandeliers with cobwebs and I also pinned a couple of fantasy Halloween weddings. I'm not the marrying kind, but my daughter is just as weird as I am and she might want a Halloween wedding.

d37a87c56e60b2d881bad33a2e830d72.jpg

Reaction score
Definitely Christmas! I love all the snow, baking, family and celebrating Jesus! :) My daughter and I love to cross country ski when she is on break from school. We also decorate the house and the tree. And, even though my kids are teens now - I still enjoy seeing their faces when they open their gifts on Christmas morning!

Reaction score
I love Halloween, not only is my only daughters birthday but you get to do scary things and that is right up my alley. Great fun to have with kids and it is just a really great time to be creative and it does not have to be picture perfect, just scary.

Reaction score
Thanksgiving! I love cooking everything; from the turkey to the pumpkin pie, there is something satisfying about making the entire dinner. In addition, its delicious! Pumpkin pie, Waldorf salad, turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry saurce... yum!

Reaction score
I love Halloween. I love horror in general, so an entire holiday dedicated to that is pretty awesome. And also the part where it's socially acceptable to wear almost anything, and even encouraged, is great.

Reaction score
Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. I really enjoy seeing my children get up early in the morning to see the gifts under the Christmas Tree. I love the gathering of family and friends, the parties, the gift giving, the decorations, the baking and everything about the Christmas season.

Reaction score
I am always fond of Christmas. I don't know why but most people tend to reflect more during Christmas. It's the time of the year when people start to pause their lives for awhile and reflect on what they have done so far. It's also the holiday which often makes families, friends and even enemies reunite because they remember the birth of the child Jesus during these days.

Reaction score
My favorite holiday is Christmas. Where I live, it is usually snowy here by Christmas day and it just seems so magical. Ever since I was a kid I loved Christmas. Not just because I got presents, but because of the magical part of it. I loved being able to see more of my other family that I don’t see too often, or watching the Christmas specials on TV. I loved baking all of the holiday treats with my grandpa, who passed away when I was fifteen. When I go into a store and hear Christmas music, I can remember my childhood around the time of Christmas. It is such a happy feeling. Now that I am an adult, it doesn’t seem as magical, but I still love Christmas. Christmas day is the only day I don’t mind the snow. Now that I have kids, I try to make every one of their Christmases the best

Reaction score
The 4th of July. BBQ and fireworks. There is nothing more fun than spending time with the family eating BBQ and shooting off fireworks.

Reaction score
Halloween!!!! most favorite, followed by Christmas. We decorate our yard every year for the neighborhood kids, we get a kick out of it. the more gore the better! ha ha

Reaction score
My Birthday is my fav.... I really love spring time Easter and Derby big baking!!!

Reaction score
Christmas, because I love seeing everyone happy and cheerful. I love the decorations, and the music, and the overall feeling of peace and happiness. The gifts are nice too. And the cookies, and the candy... :)

But I also love thanksgiving... the food and the togetherness....

Reaction score
Like many others in this thread, my favourite holiday would have to be Christmas. Not only do I get time off from school, but I also get to spend time with the people I love and exchange gifts. It is also my father’s birthday, which makes it extra special each year. My family is pretty big so when we all come together under one roof, it's like magic. It's such a happy time of the year and I love listening/singing to the Christmas songs that come on the radio and in the stores. I also love decorating the Christmas tree and wrapping presents! There's always something to do around Christmas time.

Reaction score
There are a lot of people here who like Christmas I see. It's a good holiday and you get to see a lot of your family, but I still think the fourth of July is the best.

Reaction score
Hey everyone. My favorite holiday is a tie between Thanksgiving and Christmas. They both are practically the same things for me. Great food, and seeing my family all together. I love holidays. They just give me a great feeling, knowing that I will be seeing my children's faces light up, seeing my family, and eating delicious food! What's everyone's favorite and why?
My favorite holiday is Halloween. I have always really loved the fall and the feeling Halloween brings each year. I really enjoy handing out candy and seeing kids get into it, sadly it seems like not as many kids are enjoying the holiday, at least where I am from. I remember how excited I was as a child when Halloween would roll around, I practically couldn't sleep. Now that I am older I'm still just as into it, just in a different way. I really enjoy decorating and even dressing up still. I also might like scaring the older kids a little bit too much. There's a documentary on Netflix that I'd recommend watching if you are into the holiday. It follows 3 people who are really into Halloween and are mid-life age, it is really interesting. I think it is called The American Scream.

Reaction score
I think Halloween is my favorite. I love dressing up and watching scary movies. And I still look young enough to pass as young enough to go trick-or-treating, so I also love the free candy. :D LOL

Reaction score
My favorite holiday would have to be Christmas. I love watching my son unwrap all his presents and all the excitement that is around Christmas. Christmas is always a good time to catch up with family that you don't see to often. I have aunts that live in America and Paris so we only get to see them when they come home for holidays.

After Christmas my birthday in in Jan so I always look forward to doing something nice with my family.

Reaction score
Christmas has always been my favorite. It's a time when my who family gathers together and that doesn't happen too often. I love spending time with the family. I also love seeing the excitement in my children, love to watch them open presents. Not to mention Christmas dinner is fantastic!!

Ask a Question