What is your favorite place to go on vacation?

Reaction score
Yes it is a really good place to live, I moved there from Alabama when I was about 9 or 10 and lived there for over 40 years, I didn't thing I would ever leave. I can't wait to go back to visit or maybe even to stay.:)
I hope you get to visit soon then. I would like to go back too someday. I actually would like to take a few months and travel to as many states as possible, and enjoy something about each one. That's one of my goals, to say I have been to all 50 states!

Reaction score
I hope you get to visit soon then. I would like to go back too someday. I actually would like to take a few months and travel to as many states as possible, and enjoy something about each one. That's one of my goals, to say I have been to all 50 states!

I hope too get back soon as well. I also like your idea of visiting all the states, that is something I have talked about doing for awhile now. It would be really great I would be able to visit family and friends in some and explore in others. It would be so nice, visiting new places, taking pictures and seeing the beauty of all the other states and what they have to offer. Maybe one day!!

Reaction score
Even though we love our little vacation spot, and look forward to it each year, I wish we had the time and money to just go exploring! There are so many beautiful places in the US. I wish we could just get in our car and be gone for a month or more, driving down country roads and seeing the sights!

Reaction score
Even though we love our little vacation spot, and look forward to it each year, I wish we had the time and money to just go exploring! There are so many beautiful places in the US. I wish we could just get in our car and be gone for a month or more, driving down country roads and seeing the sights!

That sounds like a great adventure. Seems like we are always in such a hurry even when on vacation. It would be nice to just kick back and take in the scenery and forget about time for awhile..

Reaction score
That sounds like a great adventure. Seems like we are always in such a hurry even when on vacation. It would be nice to just kick back and take in the scenery and forget about time for awhile..

Dorothy, that's one of the biggest blessings of our summer vacation...we mostly just sit around and enjoy each other, relaxing and nature. I can park my chair by the bay and spend hours reading, just looking at the water and watching the variety of wildlife. We've seen chipmunks, loons, a variety of birds and a beaver. One year there was a mother mink and three babies. It was a pleasure to see what she'd bring home for them to eat each day! We watched the little ones swim in a ring around a big rock in the water. Our normal schedule is busy enough, I don't desire that on vacation. I want to REST. I'm so thankful my husband's personality matches mine in this way.

The only way we could do a longer trip like the one I mentioned would be if we really had the time to take our times. I don't like to have to rush!

Reaction score
I love any place with a beachy island setting. My favorites have been Australia, The Caribbean and Africa. I would love to visit Hawaii one day. I also love countries with unusual animals so I have to throw in Africa for the safari animals and Australia for the koalas!

Reaction score
Dorothy, that's one of the biggest blessings of our summer vacation...we mostly just sit around and enjoy each other, relaxing and nature. I can park my chair by the bay and spend hours reading, just looking at the water and watching the variety of wildlife. We've seen chipmunks, loons, a variety of birds and a beaver. One year there was a mother mink and three babies. It was a pleasure to see what she'd bring home for them to eat each day! We watched the little ones swim in a ring around a big rock in the water. Our normal schedule is busy enough, I don't desire that on vacation. I want to REST. I'm so thankful my husband's personality matches mine in this way.

The only way we could do a longer trip like the one I mentioned would be if we really had the time to take our times. I don't like to have to rush!

That sounds so relaxing and renewing. I can picture it all in my head just listening to you talk about. It just sounds so peaceful and relaxing. You should take pictures next time you go or if you already have some and share them on here if you can, it sounds so nice and refreshing. Thank you for sharing that with us.:)

Reaction score
I love any place with a beachy island setting. My favorites have been Australia, The Caribbean and Africa. I would love to visit Hawaii one day. I also love countries with unusual animals so I have to throw in Africa for the safari animals and Australia for the koalas!

Beaches are also really nice and relaxing to visit. I have also wanted to visit Hawaii, don't know if I ever will, but I am sure it is really nice there. I have a friend that was born there why her dad was stationed there when in the army. She says she was there till her early teens and it was really beautiful and really nice climax there.

Reaction score
I love Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. I have gone several times and have always enjoyed it. There is great fishing, shopping and nightlife. The resorts are awesome with infinity pools and gourmet food. Plenty of watersports, diving snorkeling, jet skis and swimming. I would suggest it for families or young singles.

Reaction score
I love Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. I have gone several times and have always enjoyed it. There is great fishing, shopping and nightlife. The resorts are awesome with infinity pools and gourmet food. Plenty of watersports, diving snorkeling, jet skis and swimming. I would suggest it for families or young singles.

I have never been there myself but I know people who have and they say it is one of the best places to go because there is a little of everything for everybody to enjoy. I really would like to get to go there one day.

Reaction score
I absolutely love Mexico and every time I go I have the greatest time. The people are so nice and friendly every time I go but do not go August through November because it gets really hot and humid. The places I have been so far in Mexico is Puerto Vallarta and Cancun. Puerto Vallarta is very laid back and chill and would be great relaxion spot or honeymoon destination. I believe everyone knows that Cancun gets pretty wild and you go there if you wanna party.

Reaction score
I absolutely love Mexico and every time I go I have the greatest time. The people are so nice and friendly every time I go but do not go August through November because it gets really hot and humid. The places I have been so far in Mexico is Puerto Vallarta and Cancun. Puerto Vallarta is very laid back and chill and would be great relaxion spot or honeymoon destination. I believe everyone knows that Cancun gets pretty wild and you go there if you wanna party.

I agree with you I love Mexico too. You are right about Puerto Vallarta it is very laid back and is a nice place to go for honeymoon or just to kick back and relax and enjoy the tranquility and the very welcoming people there. But if you want to party and get wild and aloud, then you are right Cancun is the place to go, there is so much going on. Either place is beautiful and has something for everybody. I love visiting Mexico at any time of the year.:)

Reaction score
Vacations are SO stressful and overwhelming (especially when your family is as large as mine), that sometimes when we go on vacation I catch myself wishing I had just gone to work. I would much rather spend my vacations relaxing at home and pampering myself. I do enjoy roadtrips on the occasion to explore cities I have never been to before. This Halloween I am going to Salem (it's about a 6 hour drive) and I am REALLY excited about it. That city has so many fun things to do during Halloween (parties, tours, haunted houses, psychics, parades, etc).

Reaction score
I just came back from a week long vacation in Key Largo and it's highly recommended! My friends and I rented a boat house where kayaking was free and we made full use of it. The waters are beautiful and the weather is also amazing! People were nice and food was so fresh. It was what we caught for the day and the chef cooked it. My first trip to Florida and I know I'll definitely be back.

Reaction score
Right now, I have been thinking just how much I would love to take a vacation back home to north Idaho. The air here in Alabama is SO humid right now, that I can barely breathe. I huff and puff just walking out the door to hang clothes up on the clothesline.
Back in Idaho, it is a whole lot cleaner air, and even when it is hot during the day, it is still cooler at night.
That kind of a trip is just wishful thinking, so I am just trying to stay inside with the AC on during the worst heat of the day, and go out in the early morning or evening hours .
But that is my vacation wish.

Reaction score
Right now, I have been thinking just how much I would love to take a vacation back home to north Idaho. The air here in Alabama is SO humid right now, that I can barely breathe. I huff and puff just walking out the door to hang clothes up on the clothesline.
Back in Idaho, it is a whole lot cleaner air, and even when it is hot during the day, it is still cooler at night.
That kind of a trip is just wishful thinking, so I am just trying to stay inside with the AC on during the worst heat of the day, and go out in the early morning or evening hours .
But that is my vacation wish.

I have a friend who lives in Idaho and she recently told me they were having hot weather too. As a matter of fact she said it was 108 during the day and hadn't cooled off much (comfortable to sleep, anyway) at 11:00 that night. Of course she said they don't deal with the humidity, but you know that. So, you're from Idaho but have moved to the south? I tip my hat to you. I couldn't do it! I'll take the cold winters we have hear (NE USA) to the heat and humidity in the summer! We're currently having both and I DON'T like it!

Reaction score
I absolutely love the Outer Banks in North Carolina. It is the perfect place to have a new calm and relaxing vacation. When we go there we usually stay in Nags Head. It is just so beautiful there. You can stay away from everyone and have your own vacation or you can go out and explore. So many lighthouses, museums and amazing restaurants. If you ever go you have to eat at the Tale of the Whale. Ah! It is so good!! Now I wish I was going there this year!

Reaction score
I have a friend who lives in Idaho and she recently told me they were having hot weather too. As a matter of fact she said it was 108 during the day and hadn't cooled off much (comfortable to sleep, anyway) at 11:00 that night. Of course she said they don't deal with the humidity, but you know that. So, you're from Idaho but have moved to the south? I tip my hat to you. I couldn't do it! I'll take the cold winters we have hear (NE USA) to the heat and humidity in the summer! We're currently having both and I DON'T like it!

I think the heat is getting to everybody, it was up to 104 here in oklahoma and right now it is almost 4 am and it is 84 , and going to get up to 105 later in the day. It is crazy the way this weather is. I would like to go an visit up north where in some states it was only in the 70's..

Reaction score
I think the heat is getting to everybody, it was up to 104 here in oklahoma and right now it is almost 4 am and it is 84 , and going to get up to 105 later in the day. It is crazy the way this weather is. I would like to go an visit up north where in some states it was only in the 70's..

Well, I'm in the north east and it's been hot and humid. FINALLY last night the temp dropped below 70 and a cool breeze came through my windows!! Blessed relief. We're supposed to have highs in the lower 80's this week and lower humidity. I'm ready!!

AS for 84 degrees in the middle of the night like that....well, 74 is bad enough for me, can't imagine 84. :(

Reaction score
Well, I'm in the north east and it's been hot and humid. FINALLY last night the temp dropped below 70 and a cool breeze came through my windows!! Blessed relief. We're supposed to have highs in the lower 80's this week and lower humidity. I'm ready!!

AS for 84 degrees in the middle of the night like that....well, 74 is bad enough for me, can't imagine 84. :(

We got a little rain so it got down to 78 at least last night so it was a lot better and a very nice breeze!! I don't know how much longer it is going to be like this , but I hope it gets a little cooler and stays that way, at least at night!!:)

Ask a Question