What's your favorite place to shop at for food goods or household supplies?

Reaction score
My favorite place to shop for food goods is Aldi. My favorite place to shop for household items is my local Walmart Supercenter. My only problem with Walmart is I tend to walk out with more than I intended, so I limit my shopping. It's one of those places where I see something but I do not necessarily need it.

Reaction score
Agreed, Brittany. I love Walmart too.
My favorite thing about them is the matching color items.
If purple is your favorite color, you can fill your cart with everything purple from purple sheets, to purple pots and pans, to purple bathmats.
If you like pink, or teal, you can coordinate everything, even your mixing spoons and the stapler on your desk.
I have a ridiculous amount of pink and purple stuff, because Walmart has all the matching items, so I'm a big fan.

Reaction score
Our super Walmart is pretty decent. I do all my food and product shopping there except for produce. Their fruits and vegetables always seem to rot fast. I love going to Publix for produce. Hopefully I will be going to my own back yard for produce! :D

Reaction score
I always seem to feel that we don't have enough variety here in our stores in Ireland. I really enjoy going to the north (UK) and going to these huge supermarkets like ASDA. The variety is unbelievable, I have to plan to this one day on my own as I often go with my husband and he gets bored with shopping and puts pressure on me to shop and go! I love inspecting new house hold items and I love looking at the fresh fish stands.

Reaction score
My favorite is Costco for bulk supplies, but I do enjoy shopping at superstore (in Canada) and Meijer (U.S.) for household supplies.

Reaction score
My favorite place to shop for food goods is Aldi. My favorite place to shop for household items is my local Walmart Supercenter. My only problem with Walmart is I tend to walk out with more than I intended, so I limit my shopping. It's one of those places where I see something but I do not necessarily need it.

I really like going to walmart and sometimes kmart, don't have very many choices here where I live at, although they are building an Aldi here, is that a pretty good place to shop as far as prices and having things in stock?

Reaction score
I go to Costco usually once every month or two and stock up on any bulk supplies that I might need. From there, my local Safeway takes care of all my needs.

Reaction score
As far as household supplies, Dollar Tree has some decent cleaning supplies, glassware and dishes that are literally $1 so I occasionally shop there too to stock up on some items. If you are really into organization, they have a lot of food storage containers, jars, bins and baskets that you can organize your pantry with, all for $1 each.

Reaction score
I usually use Walmart. Lately, I've started to use dollar tree for simpler things. Same quality, cheaper price. I make a list and get all the things I need first. If I have any money left, then I'll get what I want. If not, I don't.

Reaction score
I really like going to walmart and sometimes kmart, don't have very many choices here where I live at, although they are building an Aldi here, is that a pretty good place to shop as far as prices and having things in stock?

If your Kmart is nice, you're lucky. My Kmart is sad and has the stench of failure. They have mice and keyboards ,but no computers. They have games but no consoles.
I think my Kmart is going to close soon , because people would rather go to Walmart where they can buy a computer, and fishing bait and a live lobster to cook for dinner.
It's sad because Kmart was huge when I was a kid.

Reaction score
If your Kmart is nice, you're lucky. My Kmart is sad and has the stench of failure. They have mice and keyboards ,but no computers. They have games but no consoles.
I think my Kmart is going to close soon , because people would rather go to Walmart where they can buy a computer, and fishing bait and a live lobster to cook for dinner.
It's sad because Kmart was huge when I was a kid.

Kmart here isn't much better I'm afraid, but it does sometimes have nice things on sale, but not that much, but we only have kmart and walmart right now , so sometimes I go to kmart to look around, but you are right they don't carry the computers anymore, or other electronics like they used too. They are building a target here now so I can't wait till they have that done and alidies too.

Reaction score
I have to agree with you guys, I find Walmart to be one of the best places to shop for almost everything. I appreciate one stop shopping. As for the produce in our local Walmart, I can’t complain, it is usually good with a great variety. Moving from a small community to a large city, I notice the variety in exotic foods, the taste buds are having a field day. I also enjoy our local Dollar Store, so many things.

Reaction score
I shop at different stores for different reasons. I tend to shop at Walmart when I want some basic grocery supplies. Target has better household supplies in my opinion, and they have a very extensive and affordable home section. When shopping in bulk, I use Sam's Club: it feels like you're buying things out of a giant warehouse and you always end up with a very big receipt, but you are basically buying things that will last a while.

Reaction score

Yes I think there prices are great. They are not name brand Items though, but just as good. They have also really came up over the last few years with the quality of their products. I love going there, and I feel like I save money.

Reaction score
It's usually Meijers for me or the local farmers market. Sam's club is great when getting cat litter though and chocolates in bulk for Halloween otherwise I do most of my shopping at Meijers.

Reaction score
Honestly, I just shop at Walmart. They usually have the supplies I need and it's for a pretty good price, though if I just need a little extra of one ingredient or another I generally just stop by the Dollar Tree.

Reaction score
There are many different places that I like to shop for food and/or household goods. Where I am there is a small chain of grocery stores called Aldi's where the prices are lower than alot of other places, Kroger which has alot of sales, and Walmart super center is really good as well, there you can shop for groceries as well as practically any thing else you want in the same location like clothes or a waffle iron or something. :)

Reaction score
I used to shop at Kroger, but then we moved, and there is not one anywhere near here, so now I usually shop at Aldi's , they have fresh produce, and the prices are cheap.
We also have a Sams club, and I go there once every month or two for bulk food stock up, and also get fresh produce, which is always wonderful, it a lot more expensive than Aldi's .

Reaction score
Where I am there is a small chain of grocery stores called Aldi's where the prices are lower than alot of other places

Aldi's was my go-to-grocery back when I lived where they were! I loved being able to buy so much food for so cheap. Of course, I moved states and I have yet to find anything out where I am that's even close. The local chains just don't cut it.

Reaction score
I'm burning with resentment right now because I had to go to 3 different departments of Walmart yesterday and I got three sales associates that were rude pigs.

I didn't recognize any of the cashiers that I usually see. It's like in the 2 weeks that I haven't been to Walmart, they replaced all the regular cashiers with douchebags.

Ask a Question