When is your favorite baking time?

Reaction score
When it comes to new baking projects, I like to experiment them during the early hours of the morning when it is peace and quiet and when everyone is asleep. I find it the best time because then I won't get any distraction from my little one. So what is your favorite time for baking?

Reaction score
This is always kind of a conflict for me. The oven heats up the house, so in summer, the best time is early morning, when it is still fairly cool, but that is also when I am outside doing my yard work and gardening , before it gets too hot, and I have to come back inside.
Therefore, in the summer, I seldom bake. But in the winter, help with heating the house is a wonderful thing, so I can bake as often as I please. Again, early morning is the best time, since it helps warm the house, as well as I can have fresh bran muffins with my morning coffee.

Reaction score
I believe it depends on how you feel at certain times of the day. I do not care for morning hours at all because I love to sleep. I would say late afternoons are the best for me but I am pretty sure if you have kids these hours would not be ideal for you. Baking at night I found out was rushed and I also get very tired so whatever I am baking does not come out as nice as it would in the evening time.

Reaction score
I'm not a morning person, either. When I have to be up early in the day it's never to bake, unless I have something specific I have to make for that day (I'll be baking Thursday morning because I'm taking home made biscuits to our family picnic for strawberry shortcake.) I usually bake mid-morning, and sometimes in the evening if it hasn't been a too tiring day, or if I need to get something started for more baking the next day. (Cookie dough that needs chilling, etc.) I don't have any kids at home anymore but I also dislike distractions when I'm trying to work in the kitchen. The best plan is when I'm alone in the house!

Reaction score
I think the morning is the best time to bake for me. It is nice to wake up pretty early and have whatever you are baking ready for breakfast. Also I like to keep an eye on things while I'm baking so I don't want to be stuck at home during the day while something is still baking.

Reaction score
I'm a night owl, so I bake in the middle of the night. Plus ,summers are brutal here in Florida so I don't like to heat up the apartment during the day.

Reaction score
I enjoy baking on weekends, usually on Saturdays. Specifically, I like baking after breakfast time when it's not too hot yet. Also, on Saturdays so I don't have much to worry about. During weekdays, there are so many other things on my mind that's why. When I bake i make sure to focus on what I'm whipping up only. :)

Reaction score
I usually like to bake in the afternoon on my day off from work. I work in the mornings and then take the afternoon to do what I wsnt. Next week I will be starting on my Christmas baking.

Reaction score
I enjoy getting my baking done during the days when i am home alone or sometimes at nights when it's all peace and quiet and the world is asleep ; at these times i am more able to concentrate on the task at hand and therefore will have better results.

Reaction score
I have always preferred to bake on a Sunday late evening. Sunday is my only day off from work and after a must have rest, I can tackle any baking.

After baking on a Sunday night, I know how I can quickly get it out of the house as a Monday morning treat to at least one of my helpers at work. The faster I can get it eaten or shared out, the least tempting it is for me. If the cake lingers, I can pick and pick and keep growing and growing:).

Reaction score
Hmm...I don't have one set preference. I'm not much of a morning person so I prefer at least late morning if not later. But sometimes if I've got a lot to make or a lot of experimenting going on than I'll deal with getting up early in the morning and making a day of it.

Reaction score
I don't have a time, but I like to do it after I have eaten and when I am relaxed and no one else is around. I expect this question is more for people with children, but those of us that don't have any can bake whenever we want to be honest. Whenever I am in the mood, or if I have some time on my hands as baking is more of a hobby than a necessity for me.

Reaction score
I like to do it at night the most, that's when everyone is in their bedrooms. That way I can get a lot peace and quiet, I also like to do it whenever I'm alone at home. I enjoy baking alone!

Reaction score
I like to bake in the afternoon and at night, I could also bake in the morning. It doesn't have to be a certain time I just love to bake. Baking relaxes me, thats one thing I love about baking.

Reaction score
It may sound weird, but when I am having a few drinks, and unwinding, this is when I like to bake the most. Although it is technically work, it is enjoyable work, so it goes well with the relaxation of the alcohol. I was just telling my wife the other day, when I was working on a large project, and not having a couple drinks, it just wasn't quite the same, and felt more like work.

Reaction score
It may sound weird, but when I am having a few drinks, and unwinding, this is when I like to bake the most. Although it is technically work, it is enjoyable work, so it goes well with the relaxation of the alcohol. I was just telling my wife the other day, when I was working on a large project, and not having a couple drinks, it just wasn't quite the same, and felt more like work.

The important thing is to have fun when baking, if there is a certain way that helps make baking fun and enjoyable then go with it. It doesn't sound weird at all, it just shows that you are having fun!

Ask a Question