What's your favorite add-in for baking recipes?

Reaction score
My favorite add-in for baking recipes are nuts. Besides changing the texture of a food, nuts also add flavor. They balance out the sweetness of sugary treats like brownies.

My top pick for add-in nuts - walnuts, almonds and cashews. To me, they taste better than basic peanuts.

mixtures-nuts-deluxe-rs.jpg

Reaction score
It depends on what I am making.
I also like to add walnuts when I am making chocolate brownies. I sometimes like to add a cup of chocolate chips to my brownies as well to give that added chocolate-ness! :)
When I am making cookies, I like to sometimes add an extra little dash of vanilla. I think it gives the cookies just a tiny hint more of flavor. :)

Reaction score
I like chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips, mint chips, etc. I enjoy that there are so many flavors of chocolate chips nowadays. When I was growing up, you could only choose between milk or dark chocolate chips, now they even make cherry and butterscotch.

Reaction score
I too, like to add nuts to most of the things that I bake. I mostly use pecans because we have a tree and always have them on hand, but I love walnuts and almonds in the things that I bake. Nuts seem to add a lot to brownies and fudge, I will even add it to frosting on occasion.

Reaction score
When baking I would generally put in walnuts or chocolate chips. However those two aren't my only favorites, I haven't done this yet but I do plan to add marshmallows, mints and cashews to my desserts. I feel as if walnuts, pecans, almonds and peanuts gets all the attention but the other nuts don't. I love love love cashews! My husband bought granola pieces the other day from Sprouts and I fell in love with its crunch. Perhaps in the future if I want something crunchy, instead of adding wafers (another favorite that I would want to add in), I'll put granola inside my recipes. Alas I don't bake that much anymore, I haven't had time. But when I do bake, I usually bake enough sweets to last a week.

Reaction score
I like to add coconut. The large shred is best. It is awesome in brownies and chocolate chip cookies!

Ask a Question