A newbie in baking cake

Discussion in 'Baker Banter' started by Corzhens, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

I am planning to bake a cake this coming weekend because it is a long one (Monday is just declared a holiday here). My only experience in baking are simple baked goodies like pudding but not a cake. In fact, I haven't used flour yet so that clearly puts me in the category of a newbie, right? Now this question - what is the simplest and easiest cake to bake? But, of course, I want something fancy for my first try and not the usual upside down pineapple cake. Any suggestion?

Corzhens, Sep 6, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. Corzhens

ashley0323 Well-Known Member

I totally understand where your coming from. Confession time: I have never made a real homemade cake, I have always used boxed recipes! I am following this thread in hopes someone chimes in and has our answers! I would also love to learn how.

ashley0323, Sep 7, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. Corzhens

ChesterV Well-Known Member

Depends on what you mean by "fancy".
    Also depends on how much time you want to put into it, what kind of ingredients/flavors you like.

If you want something "fancy", easy to make, and makes most people happy.........
    Make a cheesecake.

ChesterV, Sep 7, 2016
    Arie Fahrizal likes this.
  4. Corzhens

Arie Fahrizal New Member

hi

I'm newbie here, there so much I would like to ask you all about baking cakes
    thanks

Arie Fahrizal, Sep 10, 2016
  5. Corzhens

TeeMee Member

I think the easiest are the denser, stand alone ones such as quick breads, pound cakes, gingerbread, pumpkin ones and it is almost the fall season.
    For first time cakes to be frosted, search then for 1-2-3-4 cake method ones until you find a recipe you like. It isn't difficult once you begin.

TeeMee, Sep 11, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question