Burnt shortcrust

Reaction score
Whenever I try to blind bake a pastry case I end up with a lot of burnt edges :( I usually use dried beans as my weight but it still often bubbles a bit underneath and burns at the edges. I follow the temperature guidelines that are on the packaging. Can anyone help me out?! Thanks!

Reaction score
Have you tried putting strips of foil on the edges when they first start to brown? I do that with all of my pie crusts. Don't be sad. Also, maybe your oven is running a bit hot. Do you have a thermometer in it?

hhh

Reaction score
This too has happened to me. I recommend that if you see that the edge of crust is burning but at the same isn't cooked, you should turn the over down really low. This is so the oven cools down, and then you turn it back up to a good temperature where the edges are not burning too fast. And about the blind baking, are you sure that the beans are laying completely flat onto the base. Sometimes if the beans aren't spread out evenly it puffs up. Anyway hope I've helped and good luck!

Ask a Question