Chesters home work for me :)

Reaction score
If you want to learn to bake like a pro...........

Perfect the recipes mentioned below, and when you do....you can make anything.
Why? Because these are some of the top 10 hardest recipes to make.
You perfect the hardest recipes, then anything else is going to be as easy as...........well, um...."pie"!!!!

Baked Alaska
Croissants
Souffle

I copied that from another thread and I'm going to give it a try,Croissants will be the first ones I will try ;) I need an easy recipe for the Croissants and I've looked and a lot of the recipes say crescent rolls ,I assume this is the same thing ?

a recipe with a video would be great too :) so post what works for you ,a small recipe too,I will cut one in half so I don't end up with a pile of not quite right ones lol

Reaction score
Crescent Rolls are a little different JM.
Croissants are a french pastry bread, whereas Crescent Rolls are a light and buttery bread roll.

I found this video on YouTube, it is the best I've seen so far.
Of course if you get online to some of the food networks, you might can find some of the big TV chefs episodes that cover Croissant recipes.

Reaction score
Who better to learn how to make a Souffle' than the Queen of the Kitchen, Julia Childs!!!

Of course you don't need all the fancy pots and pans and gizmo's and gadgets that she uses.

Im sure there are easier ways to make souffle', but you will have to look to see what recipe would best suit your skills.

Reaction score
I'm not moving on till i can make a great Croissant Chester :)

which means I will be eating a lot of rolls lol

i have several recipes from Laura and haven't made one of them yet

i may need a pot or something for Julia Child's recipe,I haven't seen a cooper tone stove top in many a year either lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Baked Alaska

The two big things you have to learn on this is cold vs hot, and time management.

As with all other recipes, there are tons of variations. And no, you don't have to make one that big. LOL

Reaction score
I'm not moving on till i can make a great Croissant Chester :)

which means I will be eating a lot of rolls lol

i have several recipes from Laura and haven't made one of them yet

Well, I hope you have a lot of friends and family for Guinea Pig testing!!!! LOL

As with all recipes............for testing and training purposes, you never have to make a full batch.
Some people will cut a batch in half, or even thirds, and just use that amount of the recipe to practice with.

This helps avoid wasting too much money and food items in case it doesn't turn out edible!

But remember, even if it is not edible, you can still use it for something else!
Remember, "Don't Throw That Away"!!! LOL

Reaction score
when it comes to bread,if it is a disaster I can usually pour soup beans on top of it and still be able to eat it :)

but I will have to wait till I go to the grocery store,I need butter and whole milk before I try a Croissant,hmmm i need to proof my yeast too

Reaction score
when it comes to bread,if it is a disaster I can usually pour soup beans on top of it and still be able to eat it :)

but I will have to wait till I go to the grocery store,I need butter and whole milk before I try a Croissant,hmmm i need to proof my yeast too

Be sure and post pics of what you do, so we can all see!!!!

Reaction score
if I remember correctly,it will take a couple of days to make them :) so when I start them,I will try my best not to forget to take some pictures

which reminds me,I have to get to the grocery store

Reaction score
This thread is so inspiring! What thread are you talking about though? I'd love to try that challenge!! I might add it to my blog! I definitely need this kind of challenge, because I feel so stuck and not motivated at all lately, specially when it comes to baking.

Reaction score
if I remember correctly,it will take a couple of days to make them :) so when I start them,I will try my best not to forget to take some pictures

which reminds me,I have to get to the grocery store
I am rooting for you and that's about it. I can't join you on this ride. Maybe next semester.;)
This thread is so inspiring! What thread are you talking about though? I'd love to try that challenge!! I might add it to my blog! I definitely need this kind of challenge, because I feel so stuck and not motivated at all lately, specially when it comes to baking.
Jump in @Zyni. I always have your back. As for me I will watch from the sidelines.

Reaction score
I still haven't made it to the grocery store yet Chester :) hopefully i will make it this weekend

come on bella,we can do this one together too :) I haven't forgotten about the other one either

Reaction score
i don't have Instant Yeast,I have quick rise yeast,is it the same thing ?

I should have watched the video for the answer to that question lol I'm proofing my yeast right now and I don't have any unsalted butter for the dough,will that be a problem ? I assume not

sorry my home work is late,uuuh a possum ate it and I had to redo it :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
well my dough wasn't as wet looking as hers :) hopefully it isn't to dry .here are some pictures

001.JPG
002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

I did add a little more milk,I think I have the consistency right,it is sitting in the fridge right now

Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to work them yesterday,I'm about to do the first roll out,right now :) hopefully that won't hurt anything :)

Reaction score
I had to roll the butter a couple more times than Laura did :)but it does look like a sheet of butter lol
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG

Reaction score
hmm do i need to get the dough to room temperature ? before i put the butter on it ?

I'm letting the butter sit for an hour like Laura said to do,should I put it in the freezer for the last 15 minutes ? or is that to much ?

and i had to wash the top of the dish washer for a spot big enough :)

Last edited:

Ask a Question