Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?

Reaction score
My choice is definitely for dark chocolate. The reasons that I prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate is that dark chocolate isn't nearly as sweet as milk chocolate. In addition to that, I feel that dark chocolate has a much more robust flavor.

Reaction score
I like milk chocolate or white chocolate. Dark chocolate is too bitter for my taste. I understand why some people like dark chocolate, it has a more complex and sophisticated taste.

Reaction score
I never understood the love for dark chocolate. There are very few dark chocolates that I can sit through and actually enjoy, unless they are mixed with some sort of center. I definitely enjoy milked chocolate much more than dark. Milk chocolate just tastes so creamy and delicious, while dark chocolate is just bitter to me.

Reaction score
I guess it depends on what I'm baking. If the recipe tastes better with one or the other then that's what I use. I love both milk chocolate and dark chocolate so either one is fine for me.

Reaction score
I prefer dark and generally bake with it because I find that since the baking already has sugars and other sweet things so adding milk to it could be too much of a sugar rush. If I am making something for children sometimes I will use milk just because it is a little sweeter.

Reaction score
I always use dark chocolate for baking and if buying chocolate digestives then dark again but to eat I prefer milk.

Reaction score
Dark chocolate all the way! Whether I'm using it for baking or snacking, I prefer it over milk chocolate. I've heard that some people hate the taste of dark chocolate, though, and that boggles my mind. They say it's bitter, but I think it's super sweet! Milk chocolate just doesn't have a strong enough flavor for me.

Reaction score
While I like milk chocolate for munching on by itself, dark chocolate works best in most baking recipes. Though, I don't really ever use dark, I'll use a semi-sweet chocolate more then anything. Milk chocolate can be too light, and doesn't give enough of burst of flavor like semi-sweet chocolate does, in my opinion.

Reaction score
It depends on what I'm baking as well, but I prefer dark chocolate. The fact that it's semi good for you when eaten in small portions make it even better! Hands down! Dark chocolate!

Reaction score
I prefer milk chocolate. I think dark chocolate is too rich for me. I am not sure why. But I do love it. It is very good.

Reaction score
I'm surprised by how many people prefer dark! For me, it's milk chocolate all the way. I find the dark too strong and bitter although I know it is up posed to be much better for you...ah well!

Reaction score
I am not a chocolate person at all. When I do need to bake with chocolate, I get milk chocolate. If I can't help it, I substitute regular chocolate for white chocolate.

Reaction score
I enjoy both, I bake with both and although dark chocolate is not as sweet as milk chocolate I use it more often. I enjoy the taste of dark chocolate especially with fruit, I can't find a negative with either one when they are used properly. :)

hhh

Reaction score
Dark chocolate all the way! Not only is it my favorite type of chocolate just taste so much more intenser than milk or white chocolate do. Often if I'm making brownies I substitute the milk chocolate from dark, it's a really good way to make your brownies taste richer and intenser that maybe a milk chocolate brownie wouldn't do, also it give you a far more chocolaty taste, which can be gone when you use plain old milk.

Kas

Reaction score
I suppose it would depend on what I was baking. But I mainly use dark chocolate for baking. As for just eating it (as in candy), it has to be milk chocolate. I really don't like the taste of dark chocolate by itself. Yet, for baking, I suppose I like it better because it, to me, has a stronger taste to it than milk chocolate does.

Reaction score
When it comes to baking, I very much prefer milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate. Dark chocolate is definitely an acquired taste and something I only enjoy on a rare basis. I don't think I would enjoy it in a baked good.

Reaction score
Milk chocolate tastes less "pure" to me, with the sweetness and the taste of the added milk. Dark chocolate (the higher the cocoa butter content. the better) has a definite cleaner chocolate taste profile and less of a milky, sugary taste. I prefer dark chocolate for baking desserts, obviously but I guess it depends on each individual.

Reaction score
I almost always use milk chocolate. I guess it kind of depends on what I'm baking. I do like to add white chocolate to certain cookies and sometimes even brownie batter. I always find dark chocolate to be too powerful for me.

Ask a Question