Do You Put Extras In Rice Krispies Treats?

Reaction score
On Pinterest there are over 100 different ways to make Rice Krispies treats, from Oreo Rice Krispies treats to pumpkin, mint and strawberry.

Do you stick to the original recipe or put all kinds of crazy stuff in them like chocolate and sprinkles?
I just make them the old way as shown on the Rice Krispies box. My daughter likes the original recipe.

Reaction score
On Pinterest there are over 100 different ways to make Rice Krispies treats, from Oreo Rice Krispies treats to pumpkin, mint and strawberry.

Do you stick to the original recipe or put all kinds of crazy stuff in them like chocolate and sprinkles?
I just make them the old way as shown on the Rice Krispies box. My daughter likes the original recipe.
Most of the time we just make the traditional rice krispy treats but on occasion we do add something to jazz it up a little. I know it's hard to believe, but my family really just likes them the old fashioned way!! That's the way I like them too!! :)

Hope this helps!! :)

Danyel :)

Reaction score
I love adding toasted unsweetened coconut to my traditional treats. I LOVE coconut.
I've also made them with different kinds of cereal--Golden Grahams with added mini chocolate chips for a s'mores thing, Fruity Pebbles for a little color and pizzazz and Cap'n Crunch for a super sweet childhood flashback.

Reaction score
On Pinterest there are a hundred different ways to do EVERYTHING lol. Some people do go a little bit out there :p but I like adding in a few extras- pumpkin is good, oreo is a big favorite in my house with boys who are absolutely oreo obsessed....it's fun to add in other little treats and see how it comes out :).

Reaction score
I almost always add something extra to mine because I just don't like them plain. It is usually just what I have laying around at the house when I make them.

Reaction score
Speaking of Pinterest and inspiration for "extras"- just saw a gingerbread rice krispy recipe that I now must try as soon as humanely possible :).

Reaction score
I like the original rice, but from time to time the same old stuff gets boring, no matter how good it is. That's when I like to try something new :) I like to try new things from time to time, specially when it comes to baking.

Reaction score
I'm more prone to the original but my hubby and kids like theirs with peanut chips and chocolate drizzle. I may branch out to making strawberry before long to see if its any good.

Reaction score
I love the originals so much that I can't imagine putting anything extra in them! I'm kind of that way with chocolate chip cookies too.
I have added different flavor chips and my family all commented on them and said they all preferred the original with just the
semi sweet chocolate chips!
LOL! I guess we aren't very adventuresome! :)

Ask a Question