Favorite "Comfort Food" Pastry?

Reaction score
:D I wouldn't really consider potatoes a pastry but I do agree that it is a comfort food. It reminds me of those childhood holiday meals with the big steaming bowl of mashed potatoes in the middle of the table.

Tom, I have a Panera nearby and I've never even been there. They have quiche? I had no idea. That is now on my list of places to go for a meal. Thanks!

Reaction score
:D I wouldn't really consider potatoes a pastry but I do agree that it is a comfort food. It reminds me of those childhood holiday meals with the big steaming bowl of mashed potatoes in the middle of the table.

Tom, I have a Panera nearby and I've never even been there. They have quiche? I had no idea. That is now on my list of places to go for a meal. Thanks!

Your are right mashed paotaes are not a pastry, the are one of my favorite comfort foods.
Dutch apple pie would have to me my favorite comfort pasty. It cannot be regular apple pie it has to have the crisp crumble cinnamon brown sugar topping. It is best serverd warm with a scoop of vanilla Cream or whipped cream .

Reaction score
You got my mouth watering over here. I picked up a large bag of apples the other day and they are calling out to me right now and begging to be turned into a Dutch apple pie. :D

Actually, though, I will probably make some applesauce and maybe an apple brown Betty.

Reaction score
My favorite comfort food is chocolate chip cookies. I love these and they always put me in a good mood. Especially when they are fresh from the oven. The still hot melting chocolate is just devine.

Reaction score
Apple fritters! Love those and they are my favorite pastry, hands down! I can never turn down chocolate, though :)

Reaction score
I would have to say any type of pot pie (beef, chicken or turkey) as well as quiche...any quiche. I used to make them a lot and then they sort of got a bad rap. Both good savory pastry comfort foods.

Reaction score
My kind of comforting food has to be something savory. I'm not prone to eat sweets (except chocolate) because sweets usually make me really hungry for something salty and I may end up eating twice rather than just having a snack break.

Usually I'm doing fine with a simple sandwich, any type, preferably using a soft rye bread.

Reaction score
Over here in Southern Calif. there is a pastry shop called Meal in a Crust. It is either beef or chicken, with potatoes and carrots, in a pastry dough. When we were kids, we would get these all the time. They are still there

Reaction score
My favorite comfort would have to be chocolate chip cookies. They are just so delicious and makes everything better. I like to dip them in milk and nutella!

Reaction score
My mother wasn't a baker (or a cook for that matter), but she'd usually take me to a bakery on a quiet weekend afternoon to grab some turnovers. I would love to find a healthy way to make those. It's been years though.. comforting to me now is a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate lol.

Reaction score
Definitely a German Chocolate Cupcake without frosting. I dislike most frosting. It's best when right out of the oven, so I'll curl up on the couch with a warm blanket and dive into one or two cupcakes with milk.

Reaction score
Cinnamon Bun. I smile just thinking about eating one.
If I go to the mall, I have to have one if Cinnabon is available.

I have never made them from scratch, but buy them on the refrigerated section.

When my kids were young, I would wake them up to the smell of them.

Reaction score
My favorite comfort pastry food is apple turnovers. I put icing on top of the apple turnover to add flavor. I like the ones in the deli also. This pastry relieves my stress. I love to taste the buttery crust and sweet apple filling. I drank soymilk while eating them.

Reaction score
I would choose cinnamon rolls as my comfort food pastry. I love to warm them up and eat them with a glass of milk and curl up with a good book. It's the best way to unwind in the evening or spend a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Reaction score
Danish rolls are my pastry of choice when I need a mental lift. There's something about this gooey pastry that tantalizes my taste buds. Normally, I heat one up for 30 seconds in the microwave and then dig in.

a6b12b1336d2cbdead1609a53b2f5a37.jpg

Reaction score
Chocolate! I absolutely love chocolate! When I need a pick-me-up, or just something sweet, I love to have a piece of chocolate. Whether it is a candy bar, brownies, a chocolate donut, or a piece of sweet chocolate cake, chocolate is my go-to comfort food. I like having the bit of sugar rush and the sweet taste. :)

Reaction score
Cookies are my favorite comfort food. I know they're not healthy but they sure are comforting. Nothing beats a good old-fashioned chocolate chip cookie. Nobody has ever improved on it. Chocolate chip cookies are wonderful.

Reaction score
My favorite comfort food pastry is cream puffs. Darn it, you made me think of them, now I'm going to have to make some!

Reaction score
My go-to comfort food has to be chocolate! I love chocolate croissants, chocolate-filled donuts and pastries, brownies with whipped cream and chocolate syrup, and anything I can Nutella on. But I try not to eat these all the time though. I'm trying to become healthier and lighter. :)

Ask a Question