Favorite frosting?

Reaction score
I just love cream cheese frosting ! My favorite cake is carrot cake, and the cream cheese is just perfect along with that.
I also really like gingerbread, and it is awesome with the cream cheese frosting on it, especially when it is not real sweet, just a little bit, but then the cake is rich and not too sweet to eat.

Reaction score
Unless the icing is homemade or cool whip type, I won't eat it. There's something about store bought icing that makes me sick. Cream cheese icing homemade is my favorite.

Reaction score
I am in love with whipped cream frosting! I am not a big fan of chocolate frosting so if I had to choose between chocolate and vanilla, it would be vanilla without a doubt! However, whipped cream is the best! It's not too thick! It's just right and it melts in your mouth. Also, whipped cream still tastes the same after a cake topped with it sits in the refrigerator. Regular icing, hardens and I cannot stand that at all.

Reaction score
My favorite frostings are Bailey's and Cream and Cream Cheese Frosting. Both these frostings are enjoyable with pumpkin cake, red velvet cake, carrot cake, and spice cake. Yummy!

Reaction score
My favorite frostings would have to be dark chocolate, raspberry and lemon meringue frosting.

Reaction score
My ex mother in law introduced me to an iceing made with a cooked flour paste and sugar. I know this does not sound good, but believe me,, it is delicious. You can use different extracts to flavor it, and I have even added cocoa powder to it to make a chocolate icing. It is just so fluffy and not as sweet tasting.

Flour Frosting

1/4 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup butter cut in cubes (let the butter or margarine soften a bit)
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt

1. In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, whisk the sugar, flour, salt together. Add the milk and cook over medium heat, whisking occasionally (I had to whisk constantly or else it started to stick and clump at the bottom) until the mixture has thickened into a paste and slightly bubbly at edges (You probably don't want it boiling because we all know how boiled milk tastes..)

2. Transfer the mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on high speed until cool. Reduce the speed to low and add the butter; beat until thoroughly incorporated. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until the frosting is light and fluffy. If the frosting is too soft, transfer the bowl to the refrigerator to chill slightly: then beat again until it is the proper consistency.

3. Add the vanilla and continue mixing until combined.

Reaction score
I love vanilla and chocolate buttercream. Cream cheese frosting is another favorite, especially when paired with a red velvet cake! :)

Ask a Question