How to make donuts?

Reaction score
Ya'll are gonna call me a bad baker because I make what I think are fantastic doughnuts but I so cheat. First I get my cast iron pot I use as a deep fryer going then I get several bowls with toppings: plain glaze, chocolate frosting, powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, sprinkles and nuts. Then I get the tubes of biscuits not flakey and pull holes in the center of them and as wide as I want them to be without breaking them. I then put them in the deep fryer getting both sides golden brown and as soon as they come out I put them at the front of the line of bowls so the family can make whatever kind of doughnut they want. They rock my socks!

I have done this as well and they turn out great. You have doughnuts as well as doughnut holes. The kids really like this because I let them participate by shaking up the doughnut holes in the cinnamon sugar topping.

Reaction score
Ya'll are gonna call me a bad baker because I make what I think are fantastic doughnuts but I so cheat. First I get my cast iron pot I use as a deep fryer going then I get several bowls with toppings: plain glaze, chocolate frosting, powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, sprinkles and nuts. Then I get the tubes of biscuits not flakey and pull holes in the center of them and as wide as I want them to be without breaking them. I then put them in the deep fryer getting both sides golden brown and as soon as they come out I put them at the front of the line of bowls so the family can make whatever kind of doughnut they want. They rock my socks!

WOW! That sounds really good AND easy!! I fell in love with making donuts when I tried it and saw how easy it was. But I love your idea even more!!! :) Thanks for the tip.

Reaction score

My mom taught me to make donuts like this too! Perhaps one day I'll try something new and attempt to make home made ones. It's hard to break out of the biscuit donut habit though because they're just so easy and tasty!

Ask a Question