Mug cakes

Reaction score
The one i used before (and gave as mason jar gifts!) was a 3-2-1. Blend together a flavor mix + an angel food mix in a zip bag. Three tablespoons of cake mix , 2 tablespoons of water, one minute in the nuker. They were reasonably good for not making a whole cake. BUT not just any cup will work. It's got to be ceramic. I tried it in a plastic bowl, major fail. the container has to hold and radiate heat.

Reaction score
I watch the YouTube videos of Gemma Stafford (her channel is called Bigger Bolder Baking). She has done a whole series of mug cakes and mug meals, but so far the only one I tried was the mug brownie. The first go was really disappointing, but I'd used coconut oil thinking it would go well with the chocolate, and it just made it taste off, and it seemed like too much oil. The next time I used an egg in place of most of the oil and it came out better, I also used a tasteless oil (canola) instead. I guess I just wasn't wowed by the texture from the microwave. Would like to try doing one up and popping it into the little convection/toaster oven instead.

Ask a Question