Newbie here !

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Irish lass 77, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Irish lass 77

Irish lass 77 Member

3B203412-E69C-47AC-85BD-4461AB22F4EB.jpeg FAABA154-1233-49C0-8DB1-D5297A590671.jpeg Hi everyone,
    I am a self taught baker, and I say baker lightly . I started getting interested in really trying to bake new things a few years ago after I left my nursing career. I have 3 children, and I think my specialty to people I know is decorated sugar cookies. I live in a small village in Vermont. We have a general store here and that’s about it! This morning I actually dropped off a dozen baked donuts, and a few dozen chocolate chip cookies to be sold !! (Hopefully)!!! people around here like routine so I kept it simple as possible. I still need TONS of practice and im really starting to research all the science and different factors that go into baking. Here are some pictures of some things I’ve made!!
    Thanks ps I hope I’m posting in the right spot.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Irish lass 77, Apr 23, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Irish lass 77

Becky Administrator

Great to have you here - welcome to the forum! :)

Becky, Apr 23, 2018
    Irish lass 77 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Irish lass 77

cyber ghostx13 Member

Welcome to the club, I am a newbie as well, having just joined a few weeks ago. I purchased a new convection oven(I have an old 50s gas stove) and it's nice to be able to see what I am cooking in the new oven and not having to bend over when using the old oven. Well have fun, cya.

PS: That big pie in the picture looks absolutely scrumptious, is it an apple pie?

cyber ghostx13, Apr 24, 2018
    Irish lass 77 likes this.
  4. Irish lass 77

Irish lass 77 Member

That’s fantastic. Best baking with your new oven. I have a convection option on my oven but have no clue how it works
    Yes I believe that was a apple pie. I had a pie stage this fall. I seem to go through stages lol.
    Cheers,
    E

Irish lass 77, Apr 26, 2018
    cyber ghostx13 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question