Something Unusual

Reaction score
I am a medium range baker, love it but have so much to learn. My daughter in laws birthday is coming up in two weeks and I usually make the birthday cakes. Well she is a very unusal girl, lol... She loves anything quirky to make her laugh. Now here is where I need some help ...ideas for a very unusual cake for her.

Reaction score
A friend of mine made an interesting peanut butter and jelly cake for her daughter recently. She made a yellow layer cake and spread strawberry jam in the center and made a frosting with peanut butter and cream cheese.

Are you talking more about decorating ideas?

Reaction score
When you say unusual, what kind of things is she into? Is she geeky?

An unusual cake which sticks in my mind was the kitty litter cake that jennywren did: My latest and grossest birthday cake

It would be great if she's into cats!

She is kind of a geek in so many ways, lol... and she absolutely adores cats. What a wonderful and uber unique idea. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Reaction score
A friend of mine made an interesting peanut butter and jelly cake for her daughter recently. She made a yellow layer cake and spread strawberry jam in the center and made a frosting with peanut butter and cream cheese.

Are you talking more about decorating ideas?

Any interesting ideas on cake and/or ideas are greatly appreciated. I want this to be a really fun day for her because so much has happened in her young life recently. I want to make her hit the floor laughing when she sees her cake. Now I love the idea of a PB&J cake but she does not have an acquired taste for it. I know, what planet did she come from, right?

Reaction score
Ok, I think I am going to go with the litter box themed cake cause it is so out there strange she is bound to love it. I do plan to spruce up this idea cause lets face it, it really did look gross, yet amazing, lol. For the litter I plan to use rainbow collared sprinkles. And for the ummm...cat droppings I am thinking miniature twix bars. Thank you for all the wonderful tips and ideas.

Ask a Question