What are your favorite cake and frosting flavor pairings?

Reaction score
I'm open to experimenting with flavors and combos but I really can't say that I have too extensively yet...I guess my favorites are either lavender and chocolate or raspberry and chocolate. Not big on vanilla at all, really.

Reaction score
The only frostings I really love are lemon and chocolate. Most of the rest I can take or leave, or I find too sweet.

So; chocolate-chocolate, lemon-lemon, or plain cake with either of the two. I'm easy ;)

Reaction score
My favorite cake and frosting combination is moist yellow cake with a milk chocolate icing. I make more of these kinds of cakes that any other cakes. The runner up would be chocolate cake with chocolate icing because I am a chocoholic and I can never have enough chocolate.

hhh

Reaction score
Definitely red velvet cake paired with nicer swirl of vanilla frosting. I swear nothing taste better. I think this combination works well because it just doesn't over power the cake which i think most frosting can do, and of course vice versa.

Reaction score
It's hard to chose, there are so many awesome combination, and I love creating new combos too.! I love cream cheese icing, and vanilla. Raspberry icing/filling and chocolate cake is awesome too!

Reaction score
I love dark chocolate cake with mint icing and it's also one of my daughters favorite too.

Reaction score
My wedding was held outside by a lake, so it only seemed natural that we'd have a rustic cake to go along with the setting. We had carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. It was incredibly moist and so delicious!

Ask a Question