What if we tried to make cinnamon rolls "better"

Discussion in 'Pastry' started by Debbborra, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Debbborra

Debbborra Active Member

That is a pretty pretty dough.

Debbborra, Mar 14, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Debbborra

Becky Administrator

I think adding the brown sugar was a bad idea - the big crystals would most likely tear up the layers as you roll it out. I think if you want to make a flavoured, laminated dough then you could try creaming together the butter with icing sugar and cinnamon, then forming it into a block and chilling it. Then make the laminated dough according to a recipe, but using the flavoured butter instead of plain butter :)

Becky, Mar 15, 2018
    Norcalbaker59 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Debbborra

Norcalbaker59 Well-Known Member

lol, torturing dough in the kitchen is a good way to work out our aggressions.

Ahhh yes, when you say “I think I needed to have rolled it much, much thinner.” thats where using total dough weight and percentage of roll-in fat really help. When the roll-in fat is based on the total weight of the dough, the butter amount is relative to the dough. That was one of the nice things about the Weekend Bakery recipe. He gives you the dimensions for the dough and butter block. When I sliced the butter and arranged it in the dimensions he had given, it was the perfect thickness. Like you that was one of the things I was concerned about as I was preparing everything.

It’s really nice to hear stories from
    other bakers who also try things on a whim. My house is very ordered and organized. Baking is the one activity where I will throw all caution to the wind.

Norcalbaker59, Mar 17, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question