What's easy?

Reaction score
I am taking part in a charity bake sale next weekend. I've promised faithfully to make/bake something - so I'd like to know one or two recipe ideas for the easiest things I could bake without it turning into a disaster! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Cookies are always easy and chocolate chip is always a big hit. Otherwise cupcakes decorated up cute would be awesome. Those are the two easiest things I can think of!

Reaction score
I'd agree with the cookies suggestion - and they are always popular! Have you ever made them before?

Reaction score
Cookies and blueberry muffins are my favorite, but if you want something quick I would say a good lemon cake with icing or a strawberry banana cake. If you have never made cookies, I would do a test run before I entered those. But sometime u cant go wrong with a cake or muffins.

Reaction score
I'd agree with the cookies suggestion - and they are always popular! Have you ever made them before?

No, I've never made cookies. Not even using Betty Crocker packet mix (is that a swear word on this forum? ha ha!).

Maybe I should stick with the flapjack and chocolate crispies for this weekend - I know I can't go (far) wrong with them.

Reaction score
I am with the cooke suggestion also, but a tip about cookies that you may or may not know that would have helped me when I first started baking them....don't let them stay in the oven as long as the directions say. I always under bake my cookies and then take them off of the pan with the thinnest metal spatula I own! That way they turn out soft but don't come apart when you try to transfer them.

Reaction score
I agree, cookies are the way to go, and that is what I do if I can't get out of having to bake something like that. My second choice would be a sweet bread, like banana bread, or applesauce raisin bread. They are usually pretty easy to mix and bake. One of my favorites is gingerbread. I love gingerbread, and it is not even hard to make, and is sort of unusual besides . Or carrot bread ....yummy !

Reaction score
I think cookies and cakes are great ideas and they are also easy to bake. But if you're not feeling the cake idea just bake some cupcakes.

Reaction score
I make these cinnamon twists, they are really easy and taste amazing.

Here's the recipe:

• 1 pound pastry dough
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 egg
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the dough into 3/4 inch strips. Twist each strip and lay them flat on a baking sheet. Whisk together the remaining ingredients and then spread over the dough. Bake for 15-20 minutes, till brown.

Reaction score
I make these cinnamon twists, they are really easy and taste amazing.

Here's the recipe:

• 1 pound pastry dough
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 egg
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the dough into 3/4 inch strips. Twist each strip and lay them flat on a baking sheet. Whisk together the remaining ingredients and then spread over the dough. Bake for 15-20 minutes, till brown.

Well, they sound great - but I don't know how to MAKE pastry dough. If you could post recipe/method then I will give them a try. Thank you! :D

Reaction score
I agree cookies are pretty straight forward, I also suggest cup-cakes because there is so much you can do with them. If your a fan of Goji berries, you will LOVE this recipe. The combination with chocolate is amazing, so I recommend this recipe:http://cupcakeblog.com/?p=69

Reaction score
Oh dear. So I made chocolate cornflake crispies earlier. I ruined the first batch completely - I melted the chocolate, then added a bit of golden syrup and butter and then it all went wrong. The mix kind of solidified into a greasy mound and wouldn't bind with the cornflakes. So that had to go in the bin. Second bacth, melted chocolate and while chocolate was melting added syrup. Mixture was fine but then started to solify again - no grease this time as didn't add butter - managed to salvage it somewhat but still a bit of a disaster by all accounts. Not sure what I did wrong.

Reaction score
Cupcakes are always awesome and they can be made so cute! I would do an images search for cupcakes and see what you can do!

Reaction score
Cupcakes are always awesome and they can be made so cute! I would do an images search for cupcakes and see what you can do!

I think I should try and master the basics first. I even managed to massacre a batch of chocolate cornflake crispie cakes! :(

Ask a Question