Your favourite freeze-able recipes.

Reaction score
I'm now four days away from my due date, so it's hit and miss whether I'll be at home or in the labour ward from one day to the next. Whilst I'm still here, I'm attempting to stock up the freezers with meals etc. so that I don't have to cook for a while after the birth, and I don't have to rely on my partner, who will inevitably use it as an excuse for takeaways whenever he can!

I've covered meals, I think, with casseroles, stews, pies, curries etc. But I'm thinking more pudding/dessert / cakes now. What recipes could you recommend that are good for freezing, but still taste fresh once defrosted?

I've thought about freezing cookie dough, but then it's still quite a bit of effort to defrost and separate the mixture into invidividual cookies etc. Might as well bake from scratch!

Any ideas welcome! :D

Reaction score
Congratulations on the bundle of joy! Cookies was going to be my first choice. If you don't want to hassle with the defrosting and separating part after coming home, go ahead and do all of the work now. After the dough has frozen take it out and cut the cookies put them on a tray and stick them back in the freezer to refreeze and then bag them up again. Pies can be frozen as well. Sweet breads are good for freezing as well and so is cobblers and crisps. I have never tried to freeze a a cake so I have no opinion on that. Let your imagination run wild with it. Good luck!

Reaction score
You don't have to separate the dough after freezing it.
One hint on Pinterest says to place scoops or balls of dough on a baking pan then put it in the freezer. After the dough balls are frozen, take them off the pan and put them in a Ziploc bag and just take out the individual dough balls when you want to bake a couple of cookies.

It's like a homemade version of break and bake cookies.

Ask a Question