Favorite thing to drink with baked foods

Reaction score
I think it kinda depends on what the baked good is. Most of the time, with baked goods, I like to have either coffee or tea. I don't usually drink milk or juice with the baked good though, since those tend to be too heavy or too sweet to go with the baked good.

Reaction score
I prefer drinking tea with baked goods, because tea refreshes my palette while I'm eating sweets. Sometimes, when I want something creamy, I like drinking vanilla soy milk with baked goods. I used to love eating baked goods with milk when I was younger, but when I grew older, I discovered that too much milk upset my stomach.

Reaction score
I guess I am like a lot of the ones in here because I also drink milk with my sweets. It just seems to make it taste even better. lol

Reaction score
I see what you mean, so maybe it's a regional thing. If you think about it, though, a milkshake is just milk with ice cream blended into it...and isn't having ice cream with a burger and fries technically weirder? Some people put dairy in the burger mix, or milk in the bread, so a glass of milk can tie in with that really well...but ice cream is usually for dessert!

I'm dimly recalling some Orthodox religious dietary restrictions about dairy and meat together, but can't recall which religion that is or how extreme or why the rule's there.
I know, it's a weird way of thinking where pure milk is weird, yet a milkshake is fine.

No idea why my brain is telling me one is great for a combination, while the other wouldn't work. Especially since I usually just milkshakes that are pure milk, with a little flavouring.

Reaction score
I love having a chilled glass of milk with my baked products and depending on the product at times i like having a hot cup of chocolate tea alongside.

Reaction score
I've really never been a big fan of milk...I did try almond milk recently and I don't mind it, but I still prefer warm drinks with my baked goods- coffee a lot of the time or tea. Sometimes hot cocoa.

Reaction score
Water, hot tea, ice tea. It really doesn't matter much to me. I'm very flexible. I can enjoy bake treats with just about any liquid. When I was a kid I loved drink milk with my cake. I'm lactose intolerant so milk is a big no-no for me. I do miss cake and milk and cake and ice cream. Thank goodness for almond milk.

Reaction score
Coffee with either a small amount of cream or a fair amount of whole milk. The milk or cream helps balance the sweets in the baked item. I love coffee it goes with so many things.

Reaction score
Totally depends on the baked good! Some cookies I like with teas. Chocolate chips cookies and a lot of other cakes, I will gladly eat with milk! However, have to say I'm a big fan of juice or apple cider to chocolatey baked goods, too. I like to balance the fullness out or something.

The rest of the day, I only drink water, but never to baked goods. It washes out the tastes too strong.

Reaction score
You can't go wrong with a glass of champagne and a slice of cake in summer. When it's winter I prefer a rich hot chocolate or early in the morning with a croissant a strong espresso. It does make a difference as to what i am eating and the weather, if champagne is not possible, a nice chilled cloudy lemonade goes well with banana bread or lemon cake.

Reaction score
I love drinking coffee with lemon pie, as well as cheese pie. I love frappe coffee the most. But sometimes I also like to drink plain milk with most things. I also like cranberry juice with some cookies.

Reaction score
Milk goes well with cookies and cupcakes I find. I found a brilliant recipe for making a cup shaped cookie, so you can pour the milk into the cookie cup and drink and take a bite- wonderful!

Oh yeah, I know which cookies you mean. I saw a similar recipe a while ago and thought it was a wonderful idea, but I don't think we can let the milk sit over there for a while, because the cookie can get soft and then... well you know! but I still want to try it!

Ask a Question