What's Something You Bake That Reminds You of Back Home?

Reaction score
Pies. My mom made the best pies, with perfect pie crusts. I can get pretty close, but just can't get those perfect results. She always got the perfect thickness, and fluted the edges like she was Sara Lee. The insides were pretty darn good too!

Reaction score
I used to bake a orange chiffon cake with buttercream icing -- boy it was so good. Sometimes when I was into baking I bake fudgy brownies and chocolate chip cookies.

Reaction score
But I am becoming more adventurous and wanted to challenge myself baking other regional international pastries, cakes and other goodies like caneles or financiers.

Reaction score
Apple pie reminds me of home. My mom used to make it all of the time when we were young. There was a military orchard on the island where I grew up and they would let the military families come in an pick fruits. My mom and I would pick a couple bags of apples and then go home and she would make apple pies and fritters.

Reaction score
I think cheese pie will forever remind me of my teenage years. It was the first dessert I dared to bake on my own, at first it turned out so bad because I added no sugar, but later it turned great. Just because I never gave up :)

Reaction score
There are three Aussie baked goods that always remind me of home when I make them. ANZAC biscuits, pavlova, and lamingtons. All three are distinctly different but all delicious. If anyone wants recipes let me know and I can fish them out for you!

Ask a Question