What's your favorite form of fitness?

Reaction score
Personally, I love weight lifting and yoga. How about everyone else?

Reaction score
Bending my elbow obviously, to taste yummy foods! That might explain why I am not currently very fit.

Reaction score
I have a cross trainer at home and I use it every other day for 20 minutes. Other than that, I do 30 minutes Pilates per day for my back - I have degenerative disc disease and had surgery in February to fix a slipped disc, so Pilates is both helping my recovery and hopefully preventing any more discs from popping out!!

I really love Pilates, it has changed how I do things so much. I can now sit prim and proper without slouching! Before my back problems I used to love doing circuit training! Anyone else tried it? It's a bit too strenuous for me now, I miss it.

The way I see things, I love my food and generally have a well balanced diet. The exercise helps justify those extra treats! :D

Reaction score
I like extremely long walks around the national parks in Florida. I can walk long distances without getting too tired. I like to see the scenery going by and to notice things that a person would normally miss if they were driving.

Reaction score
I like cycling but I also enjoying taking long walks in nature, and perhaps the occasional jog too. I also like meditation and yoga, although admittingly I don't do these two very often.

Reaction score
I love Jenny's answer haha! I enjoy cardio (but need better shoes for jogging.) Swimming is probably my favorite, although I rarely get to swim because I don't own a pool or gym membership.

Reaction score
My favorite way to workout is running. I used to go for a run every morning, I wake would up early and just take my ipod out into the world with me. However, I recently acquired a treadmill and I've had a lot of success running on the treadmill while playing video games or reading a book. I find that time flies, and with preset speeds on the treadmill there isn't any opportunities to really slack off.

Reaction score
I used to walk several miles a week and still enjoy that on occasion, as well as hiking. I took up running about two years ago, even though I said I'd never do it, I LOVE it. As a matter of fact I ran my first marathon last Sunday!! The 16 week training period was something new for me....to focus on a goal and steadily work toward it. As it turns out I really enjoyed that as well, though not every workout was pleasurable. I even trained outside all winter long (We have cold and snowy winters here.)

I also try twice a week to do stationary cycling and/or strength training at a local Cross Fit gym. It's been a benefit to my running and well as building muscle.

I spent most of my life overweight and about four years ago started taking that all in hand. I now try to eat right as well as exercising regular. I do like that the exercise gives me the option to enjoy the sweet treats I like to make! (Running long distance burns an insane amount of calories!)

Reaction score
I love cycling and swimming. I enjoy walking because it allows my mind to be inspired.
When I really want to push myself, I do some M100. It's a very challenging workout routine where you do 100 reps of burpees, mountain climbers and jump squats in quick succession. That really gets me going.

Reaction score
I love cycling and swimming. I enjoy walking because it allows my mind to be inspired.
When I really want to push myself, I do some M100. It's a very challenging workout routine where you do 100 reps of burpees, mountain climbers and jump squats in quick succession. That really gets me going.

My hat's off to you! Every one of those exercises you mentioned in your M100 workout do me in! But what a pay-off for you!!

I like walking for a similar reason as you.....it's soothing and it really helps me feel grounded and thankful for the beauty around me. It requires a different sort of walking (more leisurely) than an exercise paced one for me, but it brings about it's own rewards.

Reaction score
When I was younger and living in the country, I loved to get up early in the morning and combination run and walk. It always was so relaxing, the fresh air, birds singing, and the scenery. I would stop at a little stream for a bit, then continue on. As I got older, I got arthritis threw my bones and especially in my knees, making exercise harder. This also put a huge amount of weight on me, that has hate to come of. A few months ago, I tried green coffee, that worked great, then I started to lift weights. The exercises I do now have to be from a setting position. When I started lifting weights, my weight started to really come of. I’ve lost 70 pounds in the last 8 months, and feeling great. My biggest scare was when I started to loose my upper body strength, guess something should have scared me sooner, but weight lifting has been amazing.

Reaction score
I guess one of my favorite ways to try and keep fit would be walking or riding my bike. Either one is good for me and it helps me to relax at the same time. I sometimes take the kids to the park to play while I walk around the 3 mile track a couple times or ride my bike around it a couple times. I like to do this at least twice a week or more.

Reaction score
My favorite form of fitness is swimming. Swimming is truly the best way to work out your whole entire body at once. It doesn't only build your muscles, but a very good exercise for a cardio workout. I go swimming every day because I live near the beach. I love my island life!!! :p

Reaction score
What keeps me fit is chasing after my four boys. There is nothing that can keep me more slim, well maybe there is and I just haven't figured it out yet. I do yoga sometimes but most of my excercise comes from playing games with my boys, and keeping them in good behavior!

Reaction score
Spinning!

I love it! But recently I have started to like jogging too! Only the other day I took part in a relay leg of a marathon- felt great after it!

Reaction score
I have a great Weight Watchers DVD I like to use that has Jennifer Cohen on it. When I'm able to get out of the house alone, I like to go for walks with my Sansa and some good music. Otherwise, with 5 kids, the walks are kinda leisurely!

Reaction score
Haha..I had a good laugh at the post above. My favourite form of exercise is skipping. I like playing music and skipping. It's a great way to break out into a sweat and you can do it at home easily too.

Reaction score
Lifting small weights and yoga.
Really easy and not stressful.
Walking a calm dog, at a slow-medium pace can do really well.

Reaction score
My favorite form of fitness is kickboxing or aerobic kickboxing class. I've taken a few different classes and always loved them. Also the group atmosphere of the classes is really motivating.

Ask a Question