What's your favorite form of fitness?

Reaction score
I used to go for walks in all my breaks at college when I had nothing to do or needed to think about my work. I used to clock up over 15000 steps a day at one point.

Reaction score
Wow, Rubymusic1, that is awesome!!! I know I always feel better after I exercise - no matter what kind I do! Must be those endorphins kicking in!!!
When I worked outside the home some of my coworkers and I would walk on our lunch breaks. But, sometimes if I'm walking I like to be alone too so I can think about things.
I like to walk when the weather is a bit cooler though - not much of one for the heat and then getting hotter as I walk! :0

Kind of makes me want to take it up again! I used to walk every morning at 6AM when my kids were little. Had to get it done before they got up for the day and before my hubby left for work. Now I have one in college and one that just started high school! Sigh! Time goes so fast!!! :)

Reaction score
Thank you! I wish I could walk that far now, maybe i'll start again when I go to uni. I'm gonna be in a bigger city so there'll be plenty of places to walk.

I always prefer walking alone, I find I can walk further too. Walking before breakfast is good too, i've heard it's good for the metabolism :)

Reaction score
My favorite form of fitness is strength training. Strength Training is great for sculpting your body. You also burn more calories at rest with strength training. I also think you see faster results with strength training. You may not always see it in pounds but you can see it in inches lost. It is always a great idea to take your measurements at the beginning of each month.

Reaction score
I love to dance. Whatever dance for fitness would do. I like this because it simply drives away my thoughts from "I am taking on a fitness activity" to "I am pretty enjoying this dance."

Reaction score
I love biking and horseback riding (although the ride is more exercise for the horse) but the saddling, grooming and mucking the stalls can be quite a work out!

Reaction score
my favorite work out is swimming- the beach is approximately 10 mins by car from where I live so you can see quite often chilling at the beach. Swimming is a whole body work out. I hate running by the way- I feel like my whole body is itching when I run and that disturbs me a lot... by the way that itching thing is called exercise induced urticaria (asked my doctor about it once!)

Reaction score
I like cycling and walking, but I don't get to do it as much as I use to. I am hoping to change that because I have gotten out of shape and I would like to be fit again.

Reaction score
I enjoy cardio and walking. With cardio, sometimes I forget I'm even working out until I look at the clock or the dvd stops. Walking is the same way, I'll walk and daydream and before I know it, I'vewwalked a mile.

Reaction score
Zumba classes are fun to take. You don't have to be a dancer to do it. All you have to do is follow the instructor's movements and keep on moving. The instructor generally repeats the same steps over and over so it's easy to catch on. Zumba also gives you a great workout, as well.

Reaction score
Riding a bike is the best way to get in shape for me. You get exercise and at the same time you can go places, see new things or even ride your bike to the store. It is the best and easiest way that I have found to get in shape.

Ask a Question