What's your favorite kind of cake?

Reaction score
Mine is definitely carrot; however, finding a good one, store bought isn't always easy.

Sometimes, whoever bakes them adds things I don't like in my carrot cake. Others, don't ice with cream cheese. That's a big no-no for me.

My friend, who lives in Asheville, NC, bought me a World's Best Carrot Cake one. Everything was excellent until I bit into an egg shell. Biting into an egg shell probably has the odds of one in a million, but of course, it had to be my piece.

Reaction score
I like carrot cake as well. It's delicious and healthy. I'm also a big fan of chocolate cake. Who isn't? I'll eat almost any kind of cake there is. Cakes are one of the best desserts out there. I'm not sure which activity I enjoy more: baking cakes or eating them.

Reaction score
I don't much care for chocolate cake. If I'm having that kind of cake, make it a white one. Especially here, as the chocolate is not good at all.

Reaction score
Chocolate cake, peanut butter frosting, topped with chocolate peanut butter ganache, that's my idea of the best cake for a special occasion. I made one called Sour Cream-Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting and Chocolate-Peanut Butter Glaze which I found online (adapted from Sky High, a wonderful triple layer cake collection) and it was the BEST!
I also found a recipe for great chocolate peanut butter cupcakes which made enough batter for 24 cupcakes so I made 12, took the rest of the batter, spread it in a sheet pan and made a thin chocolate cake layer. Then I cut that into 4 squares, wrapped those well and froze them. When my boyfriend next requested chocolate cake, I took 2 squares out, defrosted and made a cake for 2 with whoopie pie filling inside and peanut butter frosting/chocolate ganache on top. He was thrilled and we didn't gorge ourselves on a big whole cake.

Ask a Question