What's your favorite place to shop at for food goods or household supplies?

Reaction score
My favorite place to shop for food and household items is definitely Price Chopper. I am a huge couponer (it took some practice but I have finally gotten the hang of it). And, Price Chopper has the best coupon policy out of any other store around here. They allow you to use store coupons and MFGR coupons on the same item, they double all coupons under $1.00, and they accept other store's coupons.

Reaction score
Amazon.com is another place that I like shopping at for small kitchen appliances and gadgets. They have really cool little gadgets and baking pans and I can usually use an Amazon gift card from one of those online survey sites to basically get items for free.

Reaction score
When I lived in England I liked to shop at Sainsbury's but because I don't live there anymore, my favorite places to shop at are Tesco and Lidl.

Reaction score
I go to Wal-Mart or Aldi. I like both of these stores because I am able to get some good deals from both places. My family likes to shop at Wal-Mart and only Wal-Mart. I just think you should krep.an open mind about where to shop because you can find good deals at a lot of different stores.

Reaction score
The wholesale clubs are a great place to shop for all your baking needs. You get great prices and are able to buy in bulk. Most of the time you call find everything you are looking for ,so there is no reason to have to run from store to store.

Reaction score
I agree NThomas. I love Costco for most of my shopping needs.
But there are times when I don't want so much of an item -
Especially if it can't be stored or frozen.
I like Walmart - for the deals - but if you don't time it just right it
Is so busy that it drives me crazy!! :)

Reaction score
Yeah Wal-Mart is like that where I live too. I like going there late at night or early in the mornings. It's less crowded and I can buy what I need without having to search for it.

Reaction score
I usually shop online with free shipping. Any time I do go to a store, or specialty store, the shelves are almost empty, and not enough selection, or rain checks.

Reaction score
I'm from the Philippines, and I love shopping for high quality baking items from Cooks Corner - they have everything. When I need something affordable, I go to discount stores too.

Reaction score
Shopping online is a good way to get the things you need without waiting in lines. I like that aspect of it, but you have to make sure that they have what you want or you will be shopping at the store.

Reaction score
Annette - what stores online do you shop? I remember when my kids were really little I used to get some of
my groceries that way. But, the only reason I did it was because shipping was free!
I'd love to hear where you get your stuff. I don't mind as much going to the store now that my kids
are older. LOL :)

Reaction score
I shop the sales! I coupon and I try to get whatever is cheapest.
I have been very impressed with Aldi's. They have a great selection, and their generic stuff can be quite yummy!
I have a Super Walmart and I can get great deals there too. Target is my favorite for anything household. Sometimes I get groceries there if there are great deals.

Reaction score
I shop for food goods usually at No Frills (a grocery store) and sometimes at this small Chinese grocery store by the corner where I live. I'm also one of those that goes to Wal Mart for the household supplies and sometimes I buy some grocery items there as well. I love how Wal Mart has a huge variety of products, and I love their entertainment section. :cool:

Reaction score
I use to shop in any store that was near by. I eventually realized I was spending more for less. A friend of mine introduced me to BJ"S. BJ's is a food warehouse where you purchase food by the bulk. In order to shop here you need to purchase a membership. Seeing how much food she came home with I decided to become a member. I went food shopping and came home with too much food, lol. I came home with 2 months worth of food and I loved it.

Reaction score
We have a store similar to that one, but it's too far for me to go to so I never got a membership. I would like to be able to shop at stores like tgat because I could save so much money on groceries. I still try to save as much as I can whenever I do go shopping.

Reaction score
I'm lucky enough to have a decent little supermarket nearby that carries veggies, basics, and an interesting mix of Mediterranean and European imports, plus a butchers a block up the road from that. When I'm broke and can't avoid it I go to Safeway which is between the two of them.

But I really miss having a proper farmers market nearby, I used to live right by one and it was the best thing ever.

Reaction score
We have a store similar to that one, but it's too far for me to go to so I never got a membership. I would like to be able to shop at stores like tgat because I could save so much money on groceries. I still try to save as much as I can whenever I do go shopping.

Hi Annette
I am glad you have a similar food warehouse near you. BJ's is a pretty good distance from me as well. When it is time to shop for a large amount I will do whatever I have to, to get there. I would even use a cab service if need be, lol. When i need simple things I will go to a near by market. I hope you can find a way to make it to that food warehouse near you. It comes in so handy. .:)

Reaction score
I love to shop at Fresh Market for food, and at Big Lots for household Items. Fresh Market does not sell prepackaged meats. I get to pick the amount and cut I want.
Big Lots always offers savings on all house hold products. Sometimes as much as 50%.

Reaction score
I live in a small town and we don't have a lot of stores to pick from but we do have a Walmart. I love going to Walmart because they have everything under one roof. I can shop for groceries and buy tires if I want!! I also like to shop at Food Lion because it's closer than Walmart.

Reaction score
I like going to Walmart Supercenter when I am in a hurry because I can get everything all at once, including groceries, cleaning supplies and others.
If I have more time, I like to shop at several different stores.
I like to go to the Dollar Store for paper supplies like paper plates, cups and plastic utensils. I buy cupcake liners, aluminum pans, and napkins. They also have low-price cleaning supplies.
I also like to shop at Aldi for their fruits and veggies. They have a lot of great, low-priced options.
I do like to shop at Meijer and Krogers for groceries when I am in areas that have those stores.

Ask a Question