What's Your Favorite Thing to Eat for Breakfast?

Reaction score
I can literally eat anything for breakfast and I'd be happy; breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! If I can only pick one though, I'd probably pick omelette because you can literally put anything in there and it would be good. My boyfriend's favorite is french toast so we often switch off; one weekend may be omelette, the next would be french toast.

Pair that with some sort of meat and coffee...yum!

Reaction score
My favorite is a full English Vegetarian fry up with toast, butter (of course) and marmite, mushrooms, hash browns, baked beans, vegetarian sausages, succotash and fried eggs. A good strong espresso and a glass of apple juice and that is perfect for me.
This is reserved for weekends usually, but it means I don't need to each lunch afterwards!

Reaction score
I love a good savory breakfast but my husband is a sweets guy...so we have a pretty fair mix. I love omelets or frittatas. Crepes, too. He prefers heavier breakfasts...pancakes or Belgian waffles, breakfast casseroles, that kind of thing.

Reaction score
Honestly I'm not a breakfast person at all, but I love to have a nice pig in the blankets in the morning for breakfast.

Reaction score
I also love breakfast food in general, and couldn't pick a favorite. Oatmeal, pancakes, French toast, regular toast with bacon and eggs... I like them all.

Reaction score
My favorite breakfast would have to be boiled bananas, steamed callaloo and liver with a steaming cup of dandelion tea; this certainly makes my day.
I am very curious about where you are from? As for me I like blackberry or "high bush huckleberry" ( a delicious variety of wild blueberry) pancakes with orange blossom honey, brown eggs over light, and Gwaltney Williamsburg brand bacon, with a glass of goat's milk and a cup of Kona coffee. High bush huckleberries have a more intense blueberry flavor than the rabbit-eye varieties. The particular wild blueberry I have in mind is not the variety referred to online by that name. The berries are a shiny almost black, smaller that commercial varieties.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A good omelette is always welcome in the morning! But I still go for oatmeal and maybe 3-4 boiled eggs, the perfect combination between carbs and proteins, the breakfast of the champions :D.

Reaction score
I have been so busy lately that I have not had time to actually make breakfast. It is normally a granola bar on the go these days.

Reaction score
If I could get away with it, I would say a cinnamon role, but I would be regretting that choice within an hour of eating it due to how unhealthy it is and how much my body does not appreciate such things. Currently I am really enjoying cooked millet cereal with raisins and cinnamon and milk on top. It's nothing spectacular, but it tastes pretty good and it's very satisfying. It makes me feel nourished rather than just full.

Reaction score
I was never a real breakfast person but these days I try to force it into my schedule as it is suppose to be the most important meal of the day by most accounts.

Egg in some form is usually my favorite alone with some fruit. I still have not been able to wrap myself around a heavy meal for breakfast.

Reaction score
We don't have them often, or not often enough for my tastes, but pancakes and bacon are my favorite thing to eat for breakfast. I like to have a side of hash browns too!

Reaction score
Currently I would say my favorite breakfast is yogurt and gluten free granola. It is just so good, though pricy. Both yogurt and granola are a couple of my favorite foods, and they go together so well, it is incredible. I don't like to eat a heavy meal in the morning, but this way I do get a fair amount of protein in the yogurt, so it's a pretty balanced meal.

Reaction score
Comedian Nick Kroll did a sketch about Europeans ,joking that they have cigarettes, wine and a chocolate bar for breakfast.
I know it's just comedy , but I have occasionally had espresso and a chocolate bar for breakfast. It was delicious, but I was tired by noon from the sugar crash.

Reaction score
For me breakfast isn't important at all, I usually have a prickly pear cactus smoothie + pineapple for breakfast. I used to enjoy having smoothies of different fruits, but I drink this one due health reasons. Sometimes I like to eat scrambled eggs or pancakes :)

Reaction score
Comedian Nick Kroll did a sketch about Europeans ,joking that they have cigarettes, wine and a chocolate bar for breakfast.
I know it's just comedy , but I have occasionally had espresso and a chocolate bar for breakfast. It was delicious, but I was tired by noon from the sugar crash.

When I was in the Netherlands I had chocolate, a smoothie and some cashew nuts :p That was my breakfast for a couple days, it was better than eating bread day after day. Oh yeah, managed not to gain a ton of weight this way, believe it or not :p

Reaction score
Things are pretty calm at my house - a bowl of plain cheerios with chia seeds sprinkled in there. Sometimes, I have steel-cut oatmeal with blueberries and strawberries. I usually have my first bite within an hour of waking up, so as to get my metabolism going. I don't really stray from those options for breakfast - quick and easy first thing.

Reaction score
I am not huge on savory foods for breakfast - for some reason I much prefer sweets. Usually I have granola and yogurt, and some sort of fruit...blueberries have been on high rotation lately! I also loooove pancakes, waffles or french toast - but for my waistlines sake I don't have those as a daily breakfast - maybe a once a week treat!

My husband is the complete opposite though, he's all about savory breakfasts. Bacon, eggs, sausage, you name it...he just seems to be more full and satiated with savory food than anything sweet at all.

Reaction score
I would love to go savory too, cupcakechef! Sadly things like eggs and sausages fill me up for most of the day, then I cannot have lunch anymore, lol. Hence I only drink one smoothie for breakfast ;) That way I can comfortably have lunch later :)

Reaction score
I like a Fritatta for breakfast,, with potatoes in the bottom and covered with mushroom/onions/bell pepper and then the cheese,, topped with eggs and finished in the oven. Then a little salsa on top. I also like breakfast wraps/burritoes with eggs, cheese, mushrooms in the along with some salsa. My daughter makes great sausage greavy with home made biscuits. In the winter I like oatmeal with diced up apples, cinnamon and chopped nuts in them. I also like to make pancakes or waffles along with sausage/bacon. My grandson who is 8 likes what is called egg in the hole,, a piece of bread that has the center cut out, then buttered and an egg broken into the hole, flip the toast/egg and cook until the desired amount of done. He also likes what he calls dippy eggs,,, soft centered fried eggs he can dip his toast into.

Reaction score
Omg, the frittata part sounds amazing! You guys know how to enjoy life and breakfasts ;) I'd totally love having a breakfast like that at least once in my life, once I reach my ideal weight again ;)

Ask a Question